Our Top 40 Digital Marketing Stats
If you’re a marketer, you know stats can really come in handy. Maybe you need them to get buy-in from your boss or coworkers. Maybe you need them for a sales presentation. Maybe, like me, you have blogs, white papers or case studies to write.
I’ve spent a lot of time wading through stats on a variety of digital marketing topics and picking the ones that I think make the most impact, so I figured I’d compile some of them for you here. Help yourself.
- 68% of B2B businesses use landing pages to garner a new sales lead for future conversion. (Marketing Sherpa)
- Landing pages with multiple offers get 266% fewer leads than single offer pages. (Marketing Sherpa)
- Out of companies that see large increases in sales conversions, 71% tested multiple versions of their landing pages. (Econsultancy)
- 48% of marketers build a new landing page for each marketing campaign. (MarketingSherpa)
Want more info on creating awesome landing pages? Download our eBook: Discover the Secrets to a Successful Landing Page.
- 91% of the most successful users agree that marketing automation is “very important” to the overall success of their marketing across channels. (Marketo/Ascend2)
- Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a 451% increase in qualified leads. (The Annuitas Group)
- Marketers are, on average, using more than 12 different martech tools to manage campaigns and data. And some are using more than 31! (Winterberry Group)
- 62% of top-performing companies are currently using an MA tool, but only 4% of companies using the tool strongly agree that they are using it to its full potential. (Econsultancy)
- Businesses who nurture leads make 50% more sales at a cost 33% less than non-nurtured prospects. (Strategic IC)
- 79% of top-performing companies have been using marketing automation for three or more years. (Venture Harbour)
- Triggered email messages average 70.5% higher open rates and 152% higher click-through rates than “business as usual” marketing messages. (Epsilon Email Institute)
Interested? Check out 7 Surprising Ways to Generate Leads with Your Marketing Automation Platform.
- Personalized calls-to-action result in a 42% higher conversion rate than calls-to-action that are the same for all visitors. (HubSpot)
- Leads who are nurtured with targeted content produce a 20% increase in sales opportunities. (DemandGen)
- 66% of marketers reported that enhanced targeting and personalization were top benefits of marketing automation. (State of Marketing Automation)
- In a study of 650 multi-channel marketing campaigns, personalized campaigns consistently and overwhelmingly beat out static campaigns in generating a high response rate from recipients. (MindFire)
- Personalized emails improve click-through rates by an average of 14% and conversion rates by 10%. (Aberdeen)
Want to learn more? Read Personalization: Take Your Marketing Personally.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results. (HubSpot)
- Businesses make an average of $2 in revenue for every $1 they spend on Google Adwords. (Google)
- PPC visitors are 50% more likely to purchase something than organic visitors. (Unbounce)
- On average, 41% of clicks go to the top 3 paid ads on the search results page. (Wordstream)
- Display advertising has proven to increase traffic to websites by 300%. (Visually)
- There are at least 300,000 mobile apps currently serving Google Mobile Ads. (Creative Roots Marketing)
Interested in Paid Search? We can help!
- Retargeted customers are 3X more likely to click on your ad than people that haven’t interacted with your business before, and 70% more likely to convert. (Marketo)
- Compared to other placement strategies, retargeting generated the highest lift in business name searches by 1,046%. (ComScore)
- One out of five marketers has a dedicated budget for retargeting. (Chango/Digiday)
- Nearly three out of five U.S. online buyers said they notice ads for products they looked up on other sites. (eMarketer)
Hey, we also can help with your retargeting campaigns.
Click to Call
- By 2019, the annual number of mobile calls to businesses is expected to reach 162 billion. (BIA/Kelsey)
- Mobile channels drive 54% of all phone calls. (Invoca)
- 45% of all calls are driven by mobile search, whereas only 9% are driven by desktop search. (Invoca)
- Mobile phone call conversion rates are 4X higher than desktop. (Marchex)
- Consumers will spend $1.12 trillion through click-to-call mechanisms this year. (Marchex)
- 70% of mobile searchers have used call extensions to call business. (Google)
- Ads with call extensions get an 8% higher click-through rate. (Google)
- Google call extensions drive nearly 10 million calls per month. (Google)
Find out how you can Increase Calls with Paid Search.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. (Brightcove)
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engine result pages. (Brightcove)
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more. (Visually)
- Shoppers that view videos are almost twice as likely to buy than non-viewers. (Adobe)
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week. (Hubspot)
- A third of online activity is spent watching video. Facebook alone receives over 4 BILLION video views a day. (Digital Marketer)
Ready for lights, camera, action? Us too. Grab some popcorn and learn more about our video capabilities.
Hope this has been a helpful resource. Need any more help with your digital marketing? That’s what we’re here for! Let’s Talk.