Fleming’s Forges a Prime New Website
The original vision of Fleming’s was to create a unique steakhouse experience with an emphasis on generous hospitality, an inviting atmosphere and the very finest aged USDA Prime beef. Now, with more than 70 locations around the country and growing, Fleming’s needed a web experience that reflected the evolution of their brand, while providing guests with the personalized information they needed, quickly and easily.
Industry / Restaurant
Owned by Bloomin’ Brands, Inc., Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is a national restaurant chain offering inspired service, expertly prepared prime steak, and an exceptional selection of wines. Founded in 1998 by restaurateurs Paul Fleming and Bill Allen, the first Fleming’s opened in Newport Beach, California.
- Website Development
- Responsive Front-End Design
- 3rd Party Integrations
- SiteCore CMS
Building a Better Brand
Roger West has worked with Fleming’s for over a decade – primarily on email and promotional marketing, so they came to the agency for help developing a responsive website that better met their needs and served their customers.
The Fleming’s brand needed to evolve in this website redesign, so the Roger West team:
- Created a mood board with suggested colors, fonts, styles, imagery, etc.
- Coordinated a photoshoot to capture new and improved images involving guests, service, and ambiance to reflect the Fleming’s lifestyle.
- Utilized a color palette inspired by food and wine – sage, mushroom, fig, and cabernet.
- Included stylized quotes about food and wine, along with black and white illustrations.
Creating Exquisite User Experiences
Fleming’s wanted to give their site visitors the best user experience possible. With 65% of Fleming’s web traffic coming from mobile, one of the keys to providing a better online guest experience was ensuring the new site offered a refined mobile experience with fast loading times and an easy-to-use interface.
The site was also built for accessibility, utilizing WCAG best practices and ADA guidelines, to help ensure that all users have access to the site’s content.
Better serving their guests meant including more personalization techniques, such as:
- Location pages with quick access to relevant information, including location-specific chef special menus and promotions
- Geotargeting to provide the menu of the location closest to the user
- Promotions that leverage both location and time of day to serve up the right offers to the right audience
- A specialty hours section for each location page showing operating hours for holidays, special events, or closures due to inclement weather
Roger West also eliminated pop-ups, hidden disclaimers, links that took users off the site, and other tactics that were interfering with user experience.
Getting Personal with Improved Resources
Roger West built the Fleming’s site leveraging Sitecore, a customer experience manager, and a leading .NET-based content management system. Beyond allowing the Fleming’s marketing team to easily update the site, Sitecore enabled Roger West to:
- Customize new areas of the site – including an improved promotional area and an “Experience Fleming’s” video section.
- Integrate 3rd party systems into the site, like Menuology, so Fleming’s can easily update all local, private dining, and main menus online.
- Implement Guestbridge’s software to provide a seamless reservation experience for site visitors, adding their reservations to online calendars, passing along special requests, checking time availability, and more.
Does your restaurant’s website need more sizzle? We’re here to serve. Give us a call.
We’re delighted with Fleming’s new website and the creative team at Roger West. The site accomplishes everything we wanted – it’s easy to use, provides our guests with an amazing experience and it reflects the Fleming’s brand beautifully.”
Director of Marketing at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar