Overwhelmed by Too Many Martech Tools?
It’s a digital marketing paradox. Martech tools are developed to make our jobs easier, faster and to produce better results, but they can end up just further complicating an increasingly complex business.
You want a visual for how crazy it’s gotten? Take a look at the Marketing Technology Landscape for 2018.
According to a recent report, marketers are, on average, using more than 12 different martech tools to manage campaigns and data. Twelve! And some are using more than 31!*
That’s 12 different systems that you and your fellow coworkers need to be trained on, master and log in and out of every day. Twelve different platforms that are most likely not connected to each other – so you have siloed data, separate analytics and reporting, and no clear insight as to how your overall marketing strategy is performing.
That’s why, even with all these sophisticated tools, we’re sometimes forced to create our own reports and pull together those cumbersome Excel spreadsheets, just to try and make sense of everything.
Just look at all the things we need to manage and track:
Advertising & Promotion
- Mobile Marketing
- Display & Programmatic
- Search & Social
Content & Experience
- Mobile Apps
- Interactive Content
- Optimization, Personalization & Testing
- DAM & MRM
- Marketing Automation & Campaign/Lead Management
- CMS & Web Experience Management
Social & Relationships
- Call Analytics & Management
- Events, Meetings & Webinars
- Advocacy, Loyalty & Referrals
- Community & Reviews
- Bots & Live Chats
- Customer Experience, Service & Success
Commerce & Sales
- Retail, Proximity & IoT
- Channel, Partner & Local
- Sales Automation, Enablement & Intelligence
- Affiliate Marketing and Management
- Ecommerce Marketing
- Ecommerce Platforms and Carts
- Audience Marketing Data & Data Enhancement
- Marketing Analytics, Performance & Attribution
- Mobile & Web Analytics
- Dashboards & Data Visualization
- Business/Customer Intelligence & Data Science
- iPaaS, Cloud/Data Integration & Tag Management
- Compliance & Privacy
- Customer Data Platform
- Talent Management
- Product Management
- Budgeting & Finance
- Projects & Workflow
- Agile & Lean Management
- Vendor Analysis
Feel overwhelmed yet? OF COURSE YOU DO!
Don’t get bogged down in a morass of Martech. Consider multi-function platforms that put many of these tools in one centralized place. We like SharpSpring, for example, which is a marketing automation tool that incorporates email marketing, landing pages, forms, blogs, social media, a CRM, and analytics and testing all in one.
You can also simplify your life by passing off the execution of your campaigns to a highly experienced, results-based agency (ahem, Roger West maybe?), who’s ready and willing to take care of this mess for you and make you look like a rock star in the process.
Interested? Let’s Talk.
* Marketing Data Technology: Cutting Through the Complexity, Winterberry Group