Roger West 2016 Year in Review
The Good, the Bad and the Awesome
I don’t know about you, but I for one will be glad to see the ball drop on 2016. This is the year we lost Carrie Fisher, George Michael, Prince, Gene Wilder, a lot of Facebook friends and possibly our collective minds.
Plus, many people lost the entire month of July just from Pokémon Go.
Still. Let’s give the year its due. 2016 was the year of TWO new Star Wars movies, the first season of Stranger Things, and an increase to the tiger, manatee and panda populations. Who doesn’t like pandas?!
Plus, we had a pretty good year at Roger West, which is to say that workplace violence is slightly down, Waffle House visits are up, and Happy Hours have remained steady. See our timeline below.
We also took a group yoga class this year, escaped an Escape Room, and ate a shocking amount of powdered donuts.
Here’s some other cool things we did this year:
- We produced a lot of content. We went from 11 blog posts in 2015 to 58 so far this year. Sent out 65 unique email campaigns. Created an animated explainer video and a brand video. Produced a webinar, wrote some ebooks, made some infographics. All that jazz.
- We made some new friends. We increased our social media following across channels by 177% and our site traffic from social media by 199%. In fact, our overall site traffic from 2015 to 2016 increased by a whopping 452%.
- We ran some marketing campaigns. We ran six comprehensive campaigns with landing pages, emails, marketing automation workflows, PPC/retargeting, social media, etc. and brought in almost 700 shiny new leads.
- We won some bling. From winning a Sitefinity Website of the Year Award for the Lowry Park Zoo website, to winning an Emmy award for our Animated Explainer Video (!!), we had a record-setting year.
- We helped some amazing new clients. We launched awesome new websites for PDQ and Convergence Consulting Group, as well as a microsite for Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel. Other new clients we’ve started working with this year include Symmetry Office, Digital Brew, BTS and System One.
Thanks to all of our friends, colleagues, partners, vendors and most importantly, our beloved clients for making 2016 downright tolerable. Wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!
Want to be part of the fun in 2017? Let’s Talk.
Check out our 2016 Timeline below.