Providing a Better Guest Experience
Fleming’s also wanted to give their site visitors the best user experience possible.
Sixty-five percent of Fleming’s web traffic comes from mobile, so one of the keys to providing a better online guest experience was ensuring that the new site offered a refined mobile experience with fast loading times and an easy-to-use interface.
The site was also built for accessibility, utilizing WCAG best practices and ADA guidelines, to help ensure that all users have access to the site’s content.
Additionally, better serving their customers meant including more personalization techniques, such as:
- Location pages that provided guests with quick access to relevant information, including location-specific chef special menus and promotions
- Geotargeting to provide the menu of the location closest to the user
- Promotions that leverage both location and time of day to serve up the right offers to the right audience
- A specialty hours section for each location page which shows operating hours for holidays, special events, or even closures due to inclement weather
Roger West also eliminated pop-ups, hidden disclaimers, links that took users off the site, and other tactics that were interfering with user experience.
Developing Better Resources
Roger West built the Fleming’s site leveraging Sitecore, a customer experience manager and leading .NET-based content management system. Beyond allowing the Fleming’s marketing team to easily update the site, Sitecore allowed Roger West to:
- Provide more personalized experiences for the customers
- Customize new areas of the site – including an improved promotional area and an “Experience Fleming’s” video section.
- Integrate 3rd party systems into the site, like Menuology, so Fleming’s can easily update all local, private dining and main menus online.
- Implement Guestbridge’s software to provide a seamless reservation experience for site visitors, adding their reservation to their online calendars, passing along special requests, checking time availability and more.
We’re just delighted with Fleming’s new website and the creative team at Roger West. The site accomplishes everything we wanted – it’s easy to use, provides our guests with an amazing experience and it reflects the Fleming’s brand beautifully.”
—Amyra Finamore, Marketing and Communications Director, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Founded in 1998 by restaurateurs Paul Fleming and Bill Allen, the first Fleming’s opened in Newport Beach, California. The vision was to create a unique steakhouse experience with an emphasis on generous hospitality, an inviting atmosphere and the very finest aged USDA Prime beef.